The Perfectly Romantic Dinner
The Perfectly Romantic Evening
Looking for something romantic to do for that special person in our life? One of the nicest ways to show someone we care is to prepare a special romantic dinner for them. The following tips will help you prepare for that special dinner on this very romantic and special day.
Prepare Ahead of Time
I cannot stress enough about the importance of preparing ahead of time. Don’t leave anything till the last minute. Items you might forget or not have time to get might make the evening a little less romantic than what you had planned. Since it is a dinner for two keep everything handily available, so that you don’t have to leave the room. Try to keep everything close enough that you can reach it in less than 60 seconds. Remember the less you need to get up during the dinner, the more you will enjoy the dinner. Get everything ready ahead of time, so that you can relax and enjoy every minute of your fabulous, sensual and romantic dinner.
Set the Table
The way you set the table depends on every persons taste, but you really want your partner to be awed by the amount of attention you have paid to the evening. You want your partner to realize that this is a very special event. Some couples want a very elegant table, with an exquisite table cloth, bohemian crystal goblets, and real silverware. Others prefer a soft romantic checkered table cloth, champagne glasses and a few candels around.
Ambiance will differ depending on your age, the setting and the place, but there are basic elements that whisper of romance. These are basic necessities for any romantic dinner.
- Candles (find something unique, and that speaks of romance)
- Elegant or unusual napkins and table wear
- Simple flower arrangements. It can even be a simple rose, carnation, orquid or even a small variety of wild flowers.
The rooms’ ambiance is absolutely essential for a romantic dinner. You can make it a totally romantic evening with dinner on the terrace under the Stars. If its cold outside and you have a fireplace you should light it, to give the room a warm, attractive, and romantic ambiance.
If you are not equipped with a fire place, then low lighting and more candles will do the job. Don’t forget to add a touch of soft music to finish your romantic atmosphere.
Gifts are a classic tradition for a romantic evening and are a great way to start the evening off, although there are also people that prefer to give gifts at the end of the meal.
It doesn’t really matter what you make for dinner, and whatever you make depends on your likes and dislikes. What is important is that your partner be surprised and pleased by the magic of the evening. If you are hard pressed to come up with a great evening meal, you can check out some of our recipes. You’ll find traditional, creative, modern, complicated, easy ones and even quick ones.
- Remember to decorate the plates. Remember you need to create the romantic atmosphere. You can start with a touch of caviar on an appetizer, artichoke hearts, strawberries, raspberries (any of the berries are a great start).
- Don’t underestimate the power of shared foods, like fondue. Its fun and you will get to share romantic touch, and eye contact.
- Don’t forget the aperitifs, the champagne, and the chocolate.
- If your desert is not chocolate try truffles, or special sweetened delights.
- A liqueur to top of the night is an excellent choice. Try the cherry or the coffee one.
Dress for the Evening
It is important that you continue to create the ambiance by dressing up for the evening. You don’t have to get the tuxedo out, but you should be as nicely dressed as possible. Remember you are showing your loved one how much you care about them.
Keep the Evening Private
Be sure to turn off your cell phones. Don’t let anything come between the two of you on this special evening. In a perfect romantic evening there are only two participants
Create the spark between both of you by keeping the conversation lively and romantic.
- Talk about things that interest you both
- Be positive and fun. Make an effort to make your partner happy
- Talk about romantic things, trips movies.
- Eat with your fingers, toast to your partnership, break the Champaign glasses, if it will make the evening more fun. Tell jokes and keep things light.